- 1 small lemon or lime, halved and sliced
- 1 orange, quartered and sliced
- 1 small apple, cored and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 bottle fruity red wine, such as Rioja or Beaujolais
- 1/3 cup brandy (Cognac)
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur, such as Cointreau or Grand Marnier
- 1 cup seltzer or club soda, chilled
- Ice cubes
- In a large pitcher or bowl, mix the sugar with the lemon and/or lime slices and muddle a bit.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the ice and seltzer or club soda.
- Chill several hours or overnight. Just before serving, stir in seltzer or club soda and ice.