- 1 farm fresh egg white, beaten until very fluffy
- 3/4 cup warmed sake, heated below boiling
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon peeled, grated fresh ginger
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. sugar or honey
- optional dried ground ginger or grated nutmeg and cinnamon sprinkled on top
- Lemon peel twist wrapped around a cinnamon stick for garnish
- After beating the egg white until fluffy, mix the honey and lemon juice with it.
- Whisk in some of the heated sake to the egg white mixture. Gradually and very slowly, pour in the rest of the sake while whisking. Adding the sake too quickly will cause the egg to coagulate. Mix well until the texture becomes foamy.
- Stir in the fresh grated ginger.
- Pour this into your glass. Garnish with lemon peel twist wrapped along a delicate cinnamon stick. Sprinkle optional dried ground ginger or grated nutmeg and cinnamon on top.