- 2 ounces tequila (silver or reposado is the best)
- 1/2 ounce orange liqueur
- 1 ounce lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 ounce agave syrup
- Garnish: lime wheel
- Garnish: kosher salt (optional)
- If you'd like to salt the rim of your glass, run a juicy lime wedge around the rim, then dip the rim in coarse Kosher salt, and set aside.
- Combine your tequila, lime juice, orange liqueur, syrup, and a few ice cubes in a cocktail shaker.
- Then give the mixture a good shake until it is combined and chilled.
- If you think it needs extra sweetener, add in a teaspoon or two of agave at a time until it reaches your desired level of sweetness.
- Garnish with a slice of lime.