Caipirinha - Brazil
- 1-2 limes sliced in half lengthwise and the pith removed, can be cut in quarters after the pith is removed
- 1-2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 ounces of cachaça
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice - optional
- Crushed ice
- Lime slices to garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the lime halves or quarters with the sugar and use a muddler to gently mash and squeeze out the lime juice from the limes.
- Add the cachaça and lime juice, stir or shake well, using a cocktail shaker. Pour the drink, including the muddled limes, into a short glass with crushed and stir.
- Serve immediately garnished with a lime slice.